Have you been significantly harmed due to someone else’s lack of care, precautions and/or warning? If you have been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of a person or corporation, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
Public liability laws cover a range of circumstances and situations where a person sustains loss due to the fault of another’s actions or inactions in a public place or building. A public liability claim may arise from the following:
- Slips and falls at shopping centres or other public places
- Trips and falls on footpaths and other surfaces
- Sporting accidents
- Accident at school or university
- Injuries at rented homes (or other people’s homes) caused by defects or faulty workmanship
- Dog attacks
- Use of defective products
In most cases, a public liability claim is made against the public liability insurer of the person or a company who is alleged to be at fault.
There are time restrictions for bringing public liability claims and therefore it is important to seek legal advice promptly. Contact our experienced team on 4228 0911 to find out how we can assist you.